top of page

5 Telltale Signs Your Commercial Building Needs Rewiring

Your business heavily relies on steady, safe electricity to run smoothly. To prevent unproductivity, equipment damage, and fire hazards, it's crucial to ensure your electrical system is working efficiently.

Else you'll be losing a lot of money, and your building may be at risk of catching fire. Here are the top 5 signs that indicate your commercial building needs rewiring.

Flickering lights

Flickering lights are not only embarrassing and an eye irritant; they are a telltale sign of a faulty connection, overloaded circuit, or faulty circuit.

While flickering lights may seem like something you can ignore, they can escalate into other problems such as vision issues, reduced employee productivity, higher electrical bills, etc.

Tripping circuit breakers

Circuit breakers are designed to trip. So it's fine if they trip once in a while. However, if your circuit breakers are constantly tripping, that's a telltale sign that something is wrong with your electrical system.

It could be that the electricity your business uses is too much for your circuit breaker to handle or that the existing wiring is faulty. Whatever it is, our licensed electrician will check and fix it.

Sparks from outlets

If you plug in or unplug a device from an electrical outlet and notice a spark, it may indicate that something is wrong with your office's electrical system. Sparks from outlets are a sign of excessive heat build-up.

If not fixed immediately, the heat could burn the outlet of the insulation or the device's plug, leading to a fire outbreak. Outlets' sparks may also signify loose connections or short circuiting.

Burning smell

If you turn on an appliance and notice a burning smell, it's most likely the result of faulty wiring. Unplug every device immediately and contact an electrician to inspect it.

If the burning smell continues after unplugging your appliances, a fire outbreak may be imminent. Leave the house and call 911 immediately.

Fraying wires

Thanks to heat, damage caused by nails, and rodents, your office's wire may begin to fray. Because frayed or bare wires can lead to overheating and cause fires, you shouldn't ignore them. Call in an electrician to inspect and replace them immediately.

StarTech Electric specializes in commercial electrical services in and around Lake Travis. We provide inspection, repair, replacement, and maintenance services to ensure your commercial building’s electrical system works efficiently. Request a quote today.

bottom of page